Enjoy this homemade version of the popular Starbucks treat! These taste just like the original, and are easy to make right at home! Sweeten up your holiday season with these mouth-watering treats. And be sure to make more then one batch, because they will go fast!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, very soft)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup craisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 for a glass or dark pan). Prepare a 10×15 pan by lining it with parchment paper or use a non-stick spray.
- BARS: With an electric mixer, beat together softened butter and sugars for 3-5 minutes until light; gently blend in eggs and orange extract (don’t overbeat eggs). Add the flour, baking powder, and ginger and beat briefly. Add the cranberries and chips, stirring just until incorporated.
- Spread thick batter in prepared 10×15 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes until light brown at edges and a skewer tests clean. Don’t overbake or your bars will be dry. Let it cool completely. NOTE: If you use a 9×13 pan, the bars will be thicker and will take 26-28 minutes
- FROSTING: Blend cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add orange extract, milk and confectioners’ sugar and beat until frosting is fluffy and spreadable (adding 1 tablespoon milk if needed). Spread evenly over COOLED bars
- GARNISH: Chop 1/3 cup Craisins coarsely; sprinkle over frosted bars.
- Sprinkle grated orange rind over frosted bars
- DRIZZLE: Mix white chocolate and oil in a glass measuring cup. Microwave 1 minute; stirring every 15 seconds until melted. Use a fork or whisk to drizzle the white chocolate diagonally across the bars.
- Allow one hour for the white chocolate to set before cutting.
** To make signature Starbuck triangles, cut into 20 large squares (5 cuts by 4 cuts with the knife). Then cut each square in half diagonally to create triangles.