This Instant Pot Death by Chocolate Cheesecake is really simple to make and will blow your dinner guests away when you serve it to them. The decadent taste of chocolate melting in your mouth is what everyone needs anytime of year. If you are looking for a delicious dessert that is easy to make, this is it!
The links above may pay me an affiliate fee. The cost to you is no different than if you went straight to Amazon. This is just to support my costs for making the videos.
- 20 Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies with filling
- 2 packs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces semi sweet melted chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the crust:
- Placing your oreos into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs.
- Place your oreos in a 6” springform pan, and pack down with the back of spoon until they are flattened.
- Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Place your cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in your sugar and mix until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Add in the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add your eggs one at a time and mix just enough so that they are fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling over the crust and cover the top of your pan with tin foil.
- Prepare your instant pot with one cup of water, and place a trivet or rack in the bottom of your pot.
- Place your pan in your Instant Pot, place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes allow for a natural pressure release.
- When you can open the pot, take the pan out, and place somewhere that it can cool. (do not remove the foil)
- Once it has cooled completely, place it in the fridge overnight.
For the ganache topping:
- Combine the chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is mostly melted. Stir the chocolate until all is melted and it thickens slightly
- Pour onto your cheesecake.
- Refrigerate so the ganache can thicken and cool. Serve and enjoy!